Would you give up _________ for your Smartphone?
This morning, as I was perusing the morning tech tabloids, I came across this fun little “study” from TeleNav:
I’ll let you do most of the digesting, but allow me just a moment to point out some of the more disturbing/interesting figures:
- Fact: 33% of Americans would be willing to give up sex for a week rather than their smart phone.
- Fact: 22% would be willing to give up their toothbrush.
- Conclusion: The 11% of Americans with enough hygiene sense to potentially have sex are willingly giving it up in favor of Smartphone usage.
- Fact: 70% of Americans would be willing to give up alcohol for a week rather than their smart phone.
- Conclusion: DUI charges that include the revoking of one’s smartphone would serve as an effective deterrent against drunk driving.
- Fact: 50% of Android users think their phone reflects their sense of style.
- Fact: 35% of Apple users think their phone reflects their sense of style.
- Conclusion: Android users are even more confused about their sense of style than Apple users.
- Fact: 31% of Smartphone users check their smartphone while at the movies.
- Conclusion: Cheesy animated figures telling you to turn your phones off before the movie starts are, at very best, effective 69% of the time.
What conclusions do you draw from these shocking figures?